MTS offers a rehabilitation Pilates teacher-training matwork and equipment comprehensive certificate program with the main curriculum of classical Pilates Method being from Physical Mind Institute, USA.
The rehabilitation program component is being developed by Dr. Peh Yan Soo, who has a doctorate in Physical Therapy and also been qualified as a Pilates instructor since 2012. Therefore, the rehabilitation Pilates matwork and equipment comprehensive teacher-training certificate program combines Physical Mind Institute program and theoretical knowledge and applications for rehabilitation. The rehabilitation Pilates program covers all aspect of training and apprenticeship with a minimum 450 hours requirements for certification.
The choice of using the classical Pilates approach is to provide foundations to learning and understanding the source of work by Joseph H. Pilates and to then be competent to modify for the scientific and rehabilitation approach for therapeutic benefits. Overall, MTS rehabilitation Pilates matwork and equipment comprehensive program is truly a course inspired by the work of Joseph Pilates and adapted to bring a unique and practical way of delivering Pilates Method with a scientific basis as well as real life applications in different populations.
Goals & Summary
In MTS, we inspire excellence by preparing our graduates for the highest standards of professional practice of Pilates. We integrate scientific research to provide practical applications to the Pilates Method and we teach students to assess each client’s unique needs.
The goals of our school are the following: to expand the understanding of the scientific basis of the Pilates Method, to develop continuing education programs of international standards for graduates, to maintain a registry of all our graduates and to establish mentorship for apprenticeship to gain mastery.
Prospective students must meet the following criteria:
- Age limit from 18-65
- Level of education preferably background in movements/fitness related industry. Needs to be able to have medical clearance for fitness participation if necessary. Please email us if you have medical/surgical history that may affect your ability to perform challenging exercises. Participant who are pregnant needs to have a medical clearance letter from a physician.
- Level of proficiency in the Pilates method with minimum attendance of 5 Pilates classes is preferred and attendance of anatomy course(for those with non-healthcare and fitness professionals).
No applicant will be denied on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation. MTS is an inclusive company which embraces equally and diversity.
Module 1: Introduction & Fundamentals of Pilates
Module 2: Anatomy & Movement Science for Pilates (part e-learning)
Module 1 will begin the course with definition of Pilates, scope of practice, code of ethics, professional conduct, universal precautions, Pilates history and Pilates philosophy with reference to Return to Life through contrology book. Module 2 will cover anatomy terms, anatomy relating to the core, fundamentals of Pilates movements, posture and movement form and principles, basic biomechanics and guidelines to Pilates exercises. This 1 day theory and practical based workshop of 8 hours will lay the foundations for understanding the basis of Pilates and to be able to learn and execute the exercises optimally.
Module 3 & 4: Matwork Part 1 & 2
Module 3 & 4 will review the learning objectives of module 1 & 2 with further deepening of the foundation knowledge by applying to classical matwork exercises that follows closely to the originals introduced by Joseph Pilates. The modules will break down all exercises into building blocks to allow for modification if necessary for different class levels. This 2 days theory and practical based workshop of 20 hours will enhance the understanding of the foundations basis of Pilates and to be able to learn to perform and teach the execution of the exercises appropriately to different levels.
Module 5: Posture Assessment & Program Adaptation
Module 6: Program Design & Coaching Principles
Module 5 will examine the different posture and body types through an assessment of different body parts. The module will also cover different musculoskeletal issues that may require modifications of the Pilates exercises to ensure safe and effective work out with clear guidelines. Module 6 will cover designing suitable Pilates program based on assessment and used of Pilates principles and fundamentals. The module will also covers coaching principles to enhance one’s communications and teaching skills to create a positive teaching experience. This 2 days theory and practical based workshop of 20 hours will prepare the student to be able to competently assess and teach Pilates to different levels and populations through customisation and individualized personal and group class. There will be group test-out of written examination and self performance and teaching skills as practical examination. The test out is part of the educational component to be added to the final written and practical examination and will be graded. By completing module level 1-6, the student will be awarded a certificate of attendance for Pilates Matwork Program by Movement Therapy Studio.
Module 7 & 8: Comprehensive Equipment Part 1 & 2
Module 7 & 8 will covers classical exercises and program design and teaching techniques including all beginner repertoire on reformer, wunda chair, cadiliac & ladder barral. This 1.5 days theory and practical based workshop of 20 hours will prepare the student to be able to competently assess and teach Pilates to different levels and populations on the reformer, wunda chair, cadiliac & ladder barral.
Module 9 & 10: Comprehensive Equipment Part 3 & 4
Module 9 & 10 will covers classical exercises and program design and teaching techniques including all intermediate and advanced repertoire on reformer, wunda chair, cadiliac & ladder barral. This 1.5 days theory and practical based workshop of 20 hours will prepare the student to be able to competently assess and teach Pilates to different levels and populations on the reformer.
Module 11: Comprehensive Equipment Part 5
Module 12: Specific Populations/Precautions & Contra-indications
Module 11 will covers classical exercises and program design and teaching techniques of remaining Pilates equipments on the spine corrector, magic circle and MTS wheel. Module 12 will consolidate all knowledge gained from modules 1-12 to apply on specific populations and to review case studies on real life applications. The final written examination for comprehensive course will also take place on the last day. This 2 days theory and practical based workshop of 20 hours will prepare the student to be able to competently assess and teach Pilates to different levels and populations on the reformer.
- This course is recognised as an approved training course by REPs UAE to be eligible to be register as a Pilates Instructor in the United Arab Emirates: https://www.repsuae.com/training/entry-qualifications
- Comprehensive Pilates Certification Program as per guidelines of Pilates Method Alliance, USA – Minimum of 450 hours. The remaining hours apart from attending training modules area as follows:
|Self study prior to each module||132||72 hours & 60 hours|
|Observation||65||50% with mentor|
|Self Practice(A portion must be supervised)||60||50% with mentor|
|Assistant Teaching(A portion must be supervised)||75||50% with mentor|
|Practical & Written Assessment||10||2 attempts|
- Program timeline of rehabilitation Pilates matwork certification requires attendance of classroom training modules 1-4 and rehabilitation Pilates comprehensive equipment certification requires attendance of classroom training modules 5-12. The duration of whole comprehensive program would be approximately 4-6 months and participants could take any missed modules in the future dates.
- Graduation requirements of minimum completed 450 hours as stated above before final practical examination test out to be arranged directly with Program Director.
- Upon completion of the rehabilitation Pilates matwork program, student receives certificate of attendance from PMI and MTS with accreditation from REPs UAE. Upon completion of the rehabilitation Pilates equipment program, student receives certificate of attendance from MTS and passing final practical examination would include Diploma of comprehensive Pilates from Physical Mind Institute, USA.
Completion of the comprehensive Pilates program without examination does not guarantee employment or certification even though apprentice position may be offer to outstanding candidates.
Please click on the calendar below for registration or instant payment.
There is a 10% and 15% discount for full payment for module 1-4 for rehabilitation Pilates matwork certification and module 5-12 for Pilates comprehensive certification prior to course date. Please note examination fees of 1,000 AED is excluded from the module fees and would be require to be paid upon confirmation of final examination testing date.
To confirm a place on the course and to receive reading materials, the following non-refundable deposit is required.
- Deposit fee for matwork rehabilitation Pilates 2,400 AED
- Deposit fee for equipment rehabilitation Pilates 4,800 AED
The course materials fees are non-refundable once provided and are listed as below. A one off administration charge will be applied for cancellation.
- Matwork rehabilitation pilates course materials 1,000 AED(for cancellation/replacement)
- Equipment rehabilitation pilates course materials 1,500 AED(for cancellation/replacement)
- Cancellation & administration fee 500 AED